Monday, February 4, 2008

Crazy for Cars

Is it me, or did January fly by? I honestly don't know where it all went to.

Well, I guess I know where some of the time went to... Like many cub scout packs, we had our Pinewood Derby. My son wanted to recreate Bumblebee (the Transformer), and he enlisted my help to create the graphics. Soooo, after a long time of staring at his model of the autobot, I came up with these graphics. My son put them on. (With a tiny help from me). He did a nice job, didn't he?

And speaking of cars (and roads), a friend of my sister recently asked me to make a sign for her. She has a real Route 66 sign she's put on her wall, and she wanted this fun vinyl saying to go along with it. (so it reads, "Get Your Kicks on Route 66"). It's a fun idea & I'm hoping she sends pictures of the final project.

And finally while I was preparing the Route 66 sign, I came across a fun dingbat alphabet that is all about cars and the road. I made these fun names to try it out. I was in a hurry when I taped the names, so I forgot to put the colors in the stoplight (L), but that will be easy enough to fix. I can't wait to make some more of these names for my boys' room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that font for the boy names. It's perfect for my DS!