Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sweet Tidings

Crystal Effects has many uses, (I'll tell you my favorite one in a minute). I love how it creates a smooth shiny surface. It was the perfect accent for the glass in the gumball machine for this card.
I tried to get a close up of the crystal effects here. It wasn't the best light, but it was the best shot I could get.

Now my favorite use for crystal effects...

I had a cabinet door where the screw had come loose. We had tried putting the screw back in a few times, but it always worked its way out again. Eventually it stripped the wood inside a little. I remembered a tip from a SU! convention when I had a similar problem with the rolling suitcase/backpack they gave us. So I pulled out my crystal effects, filled in the hole a little, let it set up just a tiny bit and then screwed the hinge back on.

It hasn't budged since.

:D

Let me know if you have another unusual use for crystal effects.

No comments: