Thursday, March 31, 2011

How to Decorate for an 18" Doll on a Time and Money Budget

Just a quick little post here--
We wanted to make a couple of fun things for Jenny, the 18" doll belonging to my daughter. I don't have $40.00+ to spend on a dresser for a doll , nor did I have a lot of time to spend on making a dresser that functions (though I've seen some fantastic dresser tutorials online where the drawers will pull out).

My solution? Cover a cereal box in paper. The top paper I quickly designed in Word--trying to make it look like dresser drawers.

It's cute and easy and took me all of maybe 10 minutes to make it.

The laundry basket we found at Hobby Lobby for a buck or two. The flower vase (which you can see better below) is actually a salt shaker without the cap. The mini-flowers came from the dollar store in a huge bunch. (I'm thinking Jenny can have a big flowering bush if I get some green florists Styrofoam). Not too bad considering what I could have spent...



Perhaps during spring break I will make a functioning dresser with my daughter, in the meantime I think we'll keep our main focus on making food for Jenny.

No comments: