Sunday, January 13, 2008

Digital Sunday

Just a quick post tonight. Isn't it amazing how far we've come in this digital age? I remember my dad's old TRS-80 from Radio Shack. It had one game, "Olympic Decathlon" which was highly pixelated and you had to press keyboard keys to run it. He recorded data on magnetic tapes (using a specialized tape recorder), and his modem had a cradle which you had to physically put the phone into.

Tonight I've checked three different email accounts, video-conferenced with several members of my family, downloaded digital photos of the pinewood derby and updated my blogs. Yesterday I visited a bulletin board I'm a member of, and I played a video game with my daughter which is light years better in graphics than the "Olympic Decathlon" I used to play with my dad. Isn't the digital age amazing?

And in a lot of ways it allows us to reach out and make better connections. I live pretty far from some of my family members, but with video conferencing I can visit with them on a regular basis. How cool is that?

I have to say I'm grateful for the ways technology has improved my life.

1 comment:

Lucille said...

Nice trip down memory lane!

Also nice that you have embraced technology and really USE it to it's full advantages. I don't think I am quite there...yet!

Happy Tuesday to you!